Saturday 15 September 2007

A story about one of my pets

I have 17 animals living here with me and this kitty cat is the youngest one I have at the moment. She came into my life when I was having chemotherapy. I was sitting on my bed one night, thinking how much fun it would be to have a tiny kitten. And how much it would cheer me up.
Well, darned if the next day, when I went out to my horse barn, a tiny little kitten went racing past me just meowing like crazy. I followed it and it stopped at a building just the other side of my chain link fence. This kitten was so tiny and skinny, it could go through the chain link fence.
So I went over to where she was, and starting meowing back at her so she would think I was another cat and maybe stay put. And she did mewmew back at me and the two of us had a wonderful conversation. We talked for about 10 minutes and then I went to the house and got her some food. She was a wild thing, very scared of me, but very hungry, so I had to leave the food and go a ways away from her so she would eat. And she did come eat.
She stayed and her name is MewMew. It took a couple of months for me to get anywhere close to her but finally she let me pat her and scratch her, and she decided that was pretty much fun.
She also was a percocious little thing. She moved right in under the house with all my other cats. I guess they put up with her, cause she was so young. Eventually, they got so they really liked her a lot. They all play now and have a grand time.
She also comes in the house all the time and has turned out to be a wonderful cat. It was a miracle for both of us. She got a great new home, and I got a new friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment