Sunday 16 September 2007

Another story of one of my Pets

At one time in my life, I had an excellent horse business going with all kinds of students and boarders. So one day, I decided that I needed to get another dog into my life, and the owner of the property, said that a dog had had puppies under his hay barn and that I could have the puppies. So over we went to look and they were all wild but we were able to catch them . The property owner somehow caught the momma dog too and threw her into the back of my pick up truck.
Well we got the puppies pretty tame, and some of the boarders took some of them, and I kept the momma dog. It took a very long time, but I was able to finally pat her and then she got to the place, that when I did pat her she would race around in circles, she was so happy. We became huge buddies and she would go everywhere I went on the horses, but she would not ride in the car, and would barely come in the house.
Then, I had to move to a place very far away. And I felt that Momma Dog, first wouldn't be happy moving, and second, would have a hard time with the long trip in the car. So I gave her to some really good friends of mine, that Momma Dog liked a lot. They took her home and I moved to the new place.
Well, after I left, Momma Dog disappeared from my friends house and other friends said that they had seen her along some of the highways but couldn't catch her. Well in about two weeks, she showed up at the old barn where we all lived together. That silly dog had found her way all the way back home.
So of course, I immediately went and got her. Boy, that was a super reunion. She was a happy dog to see me. And she got into the car and made the trip all the way without moving a muscle and it was a good 12 hour drive. And then she could go on all my rides with me.
So that is part of the story of Momma Dog. There is more, but another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment